What is Epic card or What is Epic id ?
As the goverment of india now trying to link the all personal identity card in india with the Aadhaar card , recently a EPIC card (Electors Photo Identity Card) is introduced , it is nothing but Voter id which will be linked to the aadhaar card .People are in dillema that what is epic card or what is epic id ?,epic id is voter id number which is issued by The Election Commission of India .Deadline has been set by Election Commission of India & instruction has been directed to the district collectorate to complete the linking of Aadhaar card with voter ID before July.
In this post we will discussed about the importance of epic card , how to enroll for the epic card ? frequently asked question about the epic card .
How to get Epic card ? Procedure for the enrollment of epic card .
- How can i get the epic card or voter id ?
Applicant has to submit a filled in Form – 6 to the election commision of india or to district election commission office.
- What is the procedure to make corrections in such names / address in voter id or epic card ?
Following are the various forms useful for registration as voter, corrections, change in address etc.
For inclusion of names Form – 6
For any objection on inclusion of names Form 7
For correction of entries in the Electoral Rolls Form 8
For transposition of entry in electoral roll Form 8A
- Recently my address has been changed . I have Photo EPIC Card with the old address. Can I get new EPIC Card for the present address?
First of all please ensure that you have enrolled yourself in the Electoral Roll of the concerned assembly , where you are now residing following the procedure , if you are eligible to the criteria Subsequently, a new card at the present address will be issued to you.
- My old EPIC Card is defective. I would like to have a new EPIC Card with correct particulars. What is the procedure?
You can get your I Card rectified by depositing it in the Office of the ERO concerned or at Photography Centre when the work of preparation of Photo ID card begins.
- I do not have a ration card. Can I get enrolled without a ration card? What are the other documents, which I can show as proof of my residence?
Ration Card is not necessary, however, you can show any other proof of residence like Passport, Bank Pass Book, Driving license etc. or any Govt. document to facilitate the work of registration.
- I am a tenant and my landlord does not want me to get enrolled. How can I get enrolled as a voter?
To get enrolled in the voter list is your statutory right. Please check the Electoral roll of your area ERO (SDM)/AERO office. If your name is not included please fill up Form – 6 and deposit it with the ERO.
- I have attained / will be attaining the age of 18. What proof do I need to show to get enrolled?
You can submit the proof of Date of Birth from the authorized agency (Passport, Matric certificate, Date of Birth certificate etc.)
- When I fill up Form 4, should I attach proof of my residence with Form 4?
It is not essential but if you attach a proof of residence, it will help early verification of the particulars given by you.
- An Employee has visited my house and taken down the details. How do I ensure that my name is finally included in the electoral rolls?
He must have handed over to you the record of Enumeration, which is your acknowledgement. You can check your name in the draft roll, which will be published and available at the office of the ERO concerned to confirm that your name exists in the roll.
- I have lost my old EPIC Card. How can I get a new EPIC Card?
You can deposit a copy of the FIR lodged at the Police Station. You will get a new EPIC Card after deposit of Rs. 25. The dates for issuing EPIC Cards are published in leading Newspapers.