What is passport mela ? Passport mela means ?
Everyone wants to quickly get enrolled for the passport ,citizen wants to get the passport as quickly as possible , since planning to go to abroad is not recent thought ,so for this goverment of india has planned for giving TATKAL PASSPORT SEVA, but still the citizen cant afford the heavy duty for the tatkal seva , In order to meet high demand for Passport enrollement during peak season month ,Ministry of External Affairs has decided to start the passport mela at passport seva kendras across the india .Passport mela will definately help the people all over country and get the passport at right time .
MEA has started at the respective mela for specific time at the specific place.In this post we will know the benifits of the passport mela and we will also know the what documents we should bring for passport mela at passport seva kendra.Passport mela is nothing but enrolling the mass people for the passport,in our previous post we have discussed about how to apply for the online passport. Now moving forward we get detail procedure for enrolling the passport
STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR THE PASSPORT REGISTRATION FOR PASSPORT MELA :
- Applicant should fill the form which is present in the online website .You can download the application form for passport registration here.
- Applicant should bring this form to passport office at respective date mention for the passport mela,between the timing 10 am to 2 pm.
- Applicant should bring the attested documents along with the original certificates .
- Applicant not required to take the online appointment, while submitting the application in the passport mela.
- No proxy should be there ,applicant should be present at the passport seva kendra.
- The applications for all passport related services other than Tatkaal service will entertained.
- The applicants will have to wait for their turn in stand in queue for submitting applications.
- Officers will scrutinize self-attested copy of each documents and declared fees.
- Recent colour photograph with white background of the ‘size 4.5 cms x 3.5 cms’.
- After complete procedure the officials will issue a manual fee receipt.
- Officers will provide the FILE NUMBER ,to applicants and this file number will be helpful for tracking the status of passport.
After whole procedure ,police verification will be done within 10 -12 days of the passport enrollement ,and finally your passport will be issued at your address .