How to Correct Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card online
Aadhar Card has become very necessary document these days. Enrolling for Aadhar Card to totally free and it’s an right for an Indian citizen to have his/her Aadhar Card generated. But it’s a voluntary service.If you haven’t yet signed up for Aadhar Card, i recommend you to get your Aadhar Card as early as possible so you can avail the various benefits of Aadhar Card. You can also check out the detailed process to get Aadhar Card.
If you have already enrolled for Aadhar Card and if you want to update details on Aadhaar Card like Date of Birth, Address, Name, Mobile Number etc. Then you are on the right place here i will tell you here a complete guide to How to Correct Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card online and offline.
Aadhar Card enrollment was started few years back and at that there is no online provision to update mobile number of your Aadhaar Card. Now the government has made the things very easy if you want to correct any of your details on Aadhaar Card.
There are two ways to update your Aadhaar Card.
- Online Method: If your mobile number is already registered with UIDAI, then you can only go with the online method. Because an One Time Pin will be sent to your registered mobile number while using online facility.
- Offline or Postal Method: If your mobile number is not previously registered with UIDAI, then you can go with Offline method.
Requirements to correct Mobile Number In Aadhaar Card online:
- Your Aadhar Number
- Your Registered Mobile Number
Correct Mobile Number in Aadhar Card by Online Method:
The steps to update mobile number in Aadhar Card by online method is given below:
- Go to UIDAI Aadhar Self Service Portal.
- Next, click on the “Click Here” Link at the bottom of the page as showing in the screenshot below:
- Then Enter your 12-digit Aadhar(UID) Number and text verification code in the image.
- Next click on Get OTP You will get a one time pin(OTP) on your registered mobile number within 10 seconds.
- Fill in the received OTP.
- Click Login Button.
- Next , you will be forwarded to a page asking for details to be update.
- Under Select fields to update, Tick check box in front of Mobile Number.
- Click on Submit
- Then Enter your correct mobile number and click on Submit Update Request
- Then next step will let you to review your Mobile Number filled by you. You can go back to the previous page and Modify your details if you want to make any changes. Or you may click on Proceed if you have entered the correct details.
- After successfully submitting the update request of mobile number, you will get a Update Request Number(URN) on the screen and also get the SMS notification on your mobile number.
- I recommend you to save this URN number. This update request number helps you to track the status of your update request.
- At Last click on Logout
Correct Mobile Number in Aadhar Card by Offline Method:
The steps to update mobile number in Aadhar Card by offline method is given below:
- Go to UIDAI Aadhar Self Service Portal.
- Next, click on the “Click Here” Link at the bottom of the page.
- You can also download the form by directly clicking here.
- Once the form will be downloaded, You can take the print out of the form. It will look like the image given below:
- In the first option under “Field for Update/Correction” , tick check box in front of Mobile.
- Next, enter your 14 digit Aadhar Number, your registered name, date of birth and other important details on the form.
- Please be noted that it’s mandatory to fill the form in CAPITAL LETTERS and both in english and your local language too.
- Once the information is completed once again check the filled form again for any errors.
Note: If you are getting any issues while downloading and filling your Aadhar Correction form. I recommend you to have a look on how to download, fill and submit Aadhar Card Correction form.
- Now you have to send the filled form through post. Details of address is provided as below:
|Address 1||Address 2|
|Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India||UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India|
- Once the new mobile number will be added to your Aadhar card, you will get a confirmation SMS on your new registered mobile number.
If you are still facing any issues , please let us know in comments below. We will be happy to help you.